Monday, January 24, 2011

Family Wedding.


We are all very excited as a family, as we have our first wedding.

Our eldest child and son is tying the knot in March in Margaret River area of W.A.

He has been living and working in the area for many years and that is where he has met his future wife.

To mark the occasion, I have got my embroidery skills into action and I am stitching them a wedding sampler. I am using a Shepherds Bush kit called "Mothers Heart". It's a beautiful sampler with lovely wording pertaining to Mothers, obviously the wording is inappropriate but I will change the wording to be more appropriate for a wedding. I will then add there names and marriage date.

The sampler is stitched on 32count white linen and uses very soft colours in pinks, mauve's and cream. It is quite pretty, and it has some embellishments on it to enhance the stitching.

I am still several weeks away from completing it, and so every spare minute is spent adding a few more stitches.

Our sewing bee recommences next week after a break over the Christmas period. The girls will really get me motivated to finish it. It's lovely stitching in a group as they keep you to task, especially when you have a deadline.

I will keep updating you on the progress of the sampler over the coming weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment