Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Fruit cake!



This morning it was raining and I decided it was the perfect time to whip up a fruit cake. I adore this recipe and make sure I use all local Sunraysia dry fruit products.

Sunraysia Easy Mix Fruit Cake

Ingredients:
1kg of mixed Sunraysia dried fruit
600 ml carton of Iced coffee
2 cups of self raising flour

Method:
Turn oven to 180 degrees Celsius for a fan forced oven.
Soak fruit in iced coffee overnight.
Following day, sifted the flour into the fruit and iced coffee mixture.
Pour into a greased and paper lined cake tin. (Approx 20cm tin)
Cook for 1 hour approx or when the skewer is clean.

It always turns out lovely and moist. I have used this cake served with a dollop of fresh cream or ice-cream as a dessert.

Otherwise, I have a piece with my morning tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment